How important it is to get inspired?

We all should like/love being inspired; but inspiration is a tricky thing and sometimes it can cloud our judgement. Nevertheless, we are inspired on a daily basis, knowingly and/or unknowingly, either we like it or not. For example my inspiration to start this blog, write this article and post it on-line came from TEDtalk video about addiction, which you can find here. This video has very little to do with the title of my article but it showed me how important, specially for me, is to get inspired and inspired me to share my thoughts with my friends.
I have started to come across the word 'inspiration' couple years ago through social media, through short videos and social experiments and it got me thinking 'how important is to get inspired'? The noun 'inspiration', defined by the Oxford dictionary, is 'the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative' but in my 'mental' mind I have been forged into the person I am today through inspiration. Inspiration is much more than a process, it is the life fuel which pushes us beyond our limits. Now, you can agree or not, that is totally up to you but I want to show you how inspiration changed my life. 
Inspiration is like a virus. It spreads through connections, personal and (in the modern society) 'wire' connections - e.g.. social media. I first acknowledged 'getting inspired' back in 2007 by my friend, who has always been open and honest to people. I have started to mimic his behaviour and, after receiving positive respond, never stopped. 
My biggest inspiration came in 2014 and it was life itself who inspired me. After a series of very unhappy events I realized my own mortality and have started to observe people response to my mood. I came to realization that emotions are easily spreadable and started to follow one motto: 'Why should I make people around me miserable when I can make them laugh? Either they laugh with me or on me, but they still laugh...'. I have been trying to live my life accordingly ever since. Yes, it affected my level of honesty and ability to be fully open but I felt the best feeling I have ever felt. The feeling of not just getting inspired but being the inspiration for people who need a bit of smile in their life.
So how important is to get inspired? Even when I did not answer the question, I believe that all of you, reading or having a conversation with you crazy friend about his article, will find the right answer...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What about the story?